Recipe by cnvee
My own recipe, adapted mainly from The Pioneer Woman's post (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/05/ryans-bolognese-sauce/).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee all veggies for 5 minutes.
- Make a well in the center, add beef, and cook until brown.
- Add the tomato paste and spices; stir.
- Add beef stock, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes to cook off some liquid.
- Add tomatoes and simmer anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.