Recipe by Matthew Dufresne
Traditional Bolognese sauce for pasta
Top Review by bood
Very good and easy sauce to make with ingredients that are usually always around.<br/>I added a little red wine to be exotic. i added a teaspoon of brown sugar like some of the other reviewers recommended but I would skip that next time. 5 stars because it came out very tasty, and is easy to make!
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) jar canned tomatoes
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley (optional)
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil with low heat.
- add shallots and garlic and saute until transparent.
- add ground beef, and stir until browned and well seperated.
- season with salt and pepper to taste.
- add tomatoes, oregeno, basil, mushrooms, parsley, and tomato paste.
- bring to a boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer until sauce thickens.