Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An Italian dessert. Recipe found at mangiabenepasta.com
Make and share this Bolognese Rice Cake recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk to a simmer.
- Add the rice, cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until the mixture is very soft and creamy.
- Stir often to prevent sticking. Remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 10-inch round cake pan.
- Stir the eggs into the rice. Add sugar, nuts, raisins, butter, and zest.
- Pour in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and pierce the cake in several places with a fork.
- Pour the rum over the cake. Cool to lukewarm and unmold to a serving dish.
- Before serving, dust with confectioners sugar.