Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An Italian dessert. Recipe found at mangiabenepasta.com
- 3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup arborio rice
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted pistachios, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons rum
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk to a simmer.
- Add the rice, cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until the mixture is very soft and creamy.
- Stir often to prevent sticking. Remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 10-inch round cake pan.
- Stir the eggs into the rice. Add sugar, nuts, raisins, butter, and zest.
- Pour in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and pierce the cake in several places with a fork.
- Pour the rum over the cake. Cool to lukewarm and unmold to a serving dish.
- Before serving, dust with confectioners sugar.