1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
An Italian dessert. Recipe found at mangiabenepasta.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk to a simmer.
- 2Add the rice, cover and reduce the heat to low.
- 3Cook for about 30 minutes or until the mixture is very soft and creamy.
- 4Stir often to prevent sticking. Remove from heat and cool.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 10-inch round cake pan.
- 6Stir the eggs into the rice. Add sugar, nuts, raisins, butter, and zest.
- 7Pour in the prepared baking pan.
- 8Bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Remove from the oven and pierce the cake in several places with a fork.
- 10Pour the rum over the cake. Cool to lukewarm and unmold to a serving dish.
- 11Before serving, dust with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bolognese Rice Cake
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.2
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.9 mg
- Sodium 65.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 7.9 g