Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Bolognese Pasta Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 946.36 ml cooked penne
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2.46 ml dry basil
- 2.46 ml dry oregano
- 0.25 ml dried thyme
- 566.99 g can roma tomatoes
- 44.37 ml tomato puree
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 plump garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml of grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 473.18 ml of grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a frying pan, fry beef in 1 tbsp of olive oil until brown and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, heat oil and fry onions, peppers, garlic and herbs until onions are lightly colored.
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- Stir in canned tomatoes and tomato puree, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer in low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add grated parmesan cheese and ground beef and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- In an oven-safe glass dish, layer pasta and bolognese beef. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Take out of the oven, and let it stand for 5 minutes. Buon Appetito!
Fantastico!!! So very easy yet so wonderfully tasteful. Expect leftovers to improve with refrigerator time. Followed rcipe to a 'T' and it was great. Thanks.