Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This has to be the best meat sauce I have ever eaten
Make and share this Bolognese at It Best recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices bacon, minced
- 2 sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 large celery ribs, chopped fine
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup burgandy red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- cook bacon until crisp in large dutch oven or pan, remove grease.
- add olive oil add onion celery carrot and garlic and saute til soft 10 minutes.
- remove casings from sausage and add to pot along with ground beef.
- cook until no longer pink.
- add tomato paste and stir til blended.
- add red wine and 1 cup beef broth cook until reduced to thick paste.
- add milk, crushed tomato's1 cup beef broth and all herbs,salt and pepper.
- simmer on low heat 2-3 hours.
Our foreign exchange student from Northern Italy loved it. Need I say more?