Recipe by lehmanncharlotte
This recipe is really easy and was given to me by my mother. It has always been a hit within my family and all my friends love it too!! Tip...! Use a normal pan (not nonstick) as then you can use a fork to really separate the mince.
- 500 g of premium beef mince
- 1 onion
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 16 ounces tomatoes, stir-through sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) packet pasta (your choice)
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the onion.
- Spray a pan with the cooking oil, put it on the heated stove, and then add the onion and cook until brown.
- Add the mince to the hot pan with the onion and use a fork to mash it and separate it while it is cooking and browning.
- Once the mince is browned, add the tomato paste and stir through and cook for one minute.
- Add mixed herbs and stir through.
- Add the large jar of chunky tomato stir through sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Stir well and bring to the boil.
- Once it is boiling- reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- After 45 mins- cook pasta and serve sauce over the top garnished with parmasean cheese!