Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yeah, I know this sounds really gross; that's what everyone says when they first hear the name...but they change their tune after eating it! If you have the grinder attachment for your Kitchen Aid stand mixer (and I do), this is really fast and easy to make. I usually get garlic bologna, just because it adds a little more flavor to the spread. **Please note it will take longer to make if you have a hand-crank style grinder.
- 1 lb deli bologna (I usually get garlic bologna)
- 1 (2 ounce) package cheese, not shredded (you can use whatever you like, I usually get Colby Jack)
- 6 hardboiled egg, peeled
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup pickle relish (optional)
- Cut the bologna and cheese into large chunks.
- Using a meat grinder, grind the bologna, cheese, and eggs into a large bowl.
- Add Miracle Whip and pickle relish and stir until mixed well.
- Serve on crackers or make a sandwich with the spread.
Great recipe to use up hard boiled eggs and an extra roll of bologna. Yummy! It's a keeper.
Oh yes! I can vision dad grinding the bologna. My mom would spread hamburger buns with this and pack sandwiches for our sunday outings. I don't recall that they made it with eggs & cheese, though. Money was always tight and they just used mayo. and a little onion & relish or chopped pickles.
I'm 62. It's been years and years since I've had this. Grew up with it like so many here already mentioned. I just happened to run across this recipe while browsing here. I went to the grocery store, got the ingrediants, then searched around in the basement for the old grinder that clamps to the counter. Now my five grandchildren, who all LOVED grandpa's (me) invention will undoubtedly be requesting it often. What ever goes around, comes around *smile*