Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From AllRecipes.com, this is really good. If you don't like the sweet taste of Miracle Whip use mayo and dill pickle relish instead of sweet pickle relish. It does not take a whole jar of salad dressing, at the most I use 1/2 jar.
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package bologna
- 1 (16 ounce) jarcreamy salad dressing (or less)
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Gind the bologna and eggs in a meat grinder with a medium blade. (I use food processor).
- In a large bowl, mix the bologna mixture with desired amount of creamy salad dressing and desired amount of pickle relish.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, or until chilled.
I made this yesterday for my kids and they loved it. I have to admit it's not too appealing to the eyes, but my kids didn't care. Thanks for a new twist on bologna!
We used to make this alot back when the bologna was in chunks and tasted better than it does now.I like to add a little onion and grated cheese.
My grandmother used to make this many, many years ago. She lives in the country and sometimes when neighbors were moving they would have sales/auctions to dispose of farm equipment and other things they would not need in their new home. Since these sales would often last most of the day the ladies in the community would prepare sandwiches and other things to sell to the hungry buyers. This always went extremely well and the only difference i notice is that grandma always ran some onions through the grinder with the eggs and bologna