Recipe by Queen of Everything
This is a wonderful hot sandwich created by my mother. Think of it as a flat chili dog. Kids love 'em and you will, too.
Top Review by georgi
So weird, but so good! My husband walked in the kitchen when I was frying the bologna and his eyes got big and had a wild look about them. After I threw it on a bun and topped it with chili he asked if it was Christmas! Haha! This was a first for me having mustard with chili but its a BIG winner!
- 1 (12 ounce) packageoscar meyer bologna
- 1 (15 ounce) can hormel chili
- 4 hamburger buns
- yellow mustard
- diced onion
- sweet relish
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place your bologna in a frying pan over medium-medium/high heat.
- Fry it until it is browned on each side (it will make little cups or flying saucer shapes).
- Meanwhile, heat up your chili.
- Grill your hamburger buns.
- Spread buns with mustard.
- Layer 4-5 slices of bologna, making sure to place the cup shape UP.
- Fill your bologna"cup" with chili.
- Top with onions, relish and cheddar and bun top.
- It is mandatory to serve these with potato chips.
- I suggest a good root beer to wash it all down.