Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of our members here at Zaar was looking for this receipe. As I am Portugues I decided to look it up, for this is a traditional cake from Serra Da Estrela (Loriga the village) Portugal. This receipe is more than 100yrs old. It usually baked in a wooden firestove, in red pottery baking dish. It does not have a time limite, as it varies from oven to oven. I impravise and use my electric oven. But as I also have a wooden firestove I'm going to give it a try there, they say you a much better taste that way. Hope you all enjoy.
- Beat the eggs together with the sugar, till creamy.
- Next add in the cinimon with the milk, and beat a.
- little more.
- Now add in the flour along with the baking soda,.
- and mix very well.
- Butter and flour a bread pan or any kind of pan you.
- wish to use. Pour the cake batter into the pan, and.
- place into a hot oven. Let bake till its completly
- cooked or till center comes ou clean.
This was a really tasty bread--cinnamon-y and light! I baked it at 375 degrees F. for an hour and 15 minutes, which turned out to be a little long--I'd go with closer to an hour next time.