Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from the website recipeisland.com.
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & grease an 8-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together the eggs, sugar, salt, pepper & creamed corn, blending well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan, then top with breadcrumbs & dot with margarine.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until golden brown.
This had mix reviews at dinner. I added some chopped chives and dill to add a bit of color and flavor. I liked it fine, but the texture turned others off. Also, for whatever reason, I seemed to have a lot of liquid in the dish, after an hour and being browned. I even zapped it a few minutes in the microwave, but still had liquid. I believe that this is four servings at most.
Very good, quite sweet but not overly so, it had good texture and we really enjoyed this. Not enough for 8, no, DH and I enjoyed it and I had some left over for office lunch but that was it!!! Really liked this though, thank you Syd!
A very easy side dish that I served with Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice and pork chops marinated in Chocolatl's Trinidad and Tobago Garlic Sauce. Enjoyed the crusty topping the breadcrumbs and butter made but for us it needed a little more flavor and corn. I also have to agree with the other reviewers, this would not make enough for 8 servings. Would definitely double this if making for a family of 4 or more. Made and reviewed for ZWT5, Bodacious Brickhouse Babes team.