Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
In Brazil "Reis Magos" (Heyss Magos) are the Three Wise Men who visited the baby Jesus. I know I got this recipe from the Internet, but can't recall which web site. I don't think I ever tried it in the US. Hope you enjoyit.
- 200 g butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups flour (it may be best to use cake flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 250 g candied fruit, chopped
- 100 g raisins
- 2 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Beat butter and sugars, beating well, until creamy. Add egg yolks one at a time and beat very well. Slowly add sweetened condensed milk and continue beating. Add flour (sifted with baking powder) and mix well. MIx fruits. Add egg whites (beaten, but not stiff), stirring gently.
- Bake at 180 C for about 1 hour. Unmold it still warm.
- GLAZE: mix all ingredients. Pour it over cake. Sprinkle chopped glazed fruits in dish, around the cake.
There is way too much sugar in this recipe to cook it at 180 C. An hour at 160 C on the bottom shelf will give a better result. Otherwise, a cake unlike any other I make.