Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe is submitted for play in ZWT8 – Spain/Portugal. It is a recipe by Ana Patuleia Ortins. Ana states that light or regular beer works equally well, so please use your favorite. It sounds interesting, I have posted it for all the beer lovers out there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, using the high speed of an elenctric mixer or mixing by hand, beat the sugar with the butter, until smooth, about 1 minute.
- 3Beat in the egg yolks, at medium speed, until the ingredients are fluffy and pale yellow, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Pour in the beer, mixing to blend, then add the flour and the baking powder, mix thoroughly 1 minute.
- 5In a separate bowl, using clean beaters, beat the egg whites until stiff, then gently fold the beaten whites into the batter.
- 6Pour into a lightly greased and floured 10-inch tube pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes, until a wooden skewer comes out clean and the cake springs back when lightly pressed with your finger.
- 7Cool 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bolo De Cereveja - Beer Cake - Portugal
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.1
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.2 mg
- Sodium 228.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g