Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An unbelievely delicious cake made by Lucia Ceresini, a friend from Brazil. I cannot begin to describe it other than WOW! Since the recipe was in Lucia's "head"... the recipe below is a combination of Lucia's handwritten recipe and my asking questions for clarification. Believe me, it was worth the effort!
- Brown sugar in large pot until sugar melts.
- NOTE: Add just enough water to make a heavy syrup (I had to give an amt!).
- Pour syrup into Bundt pan and turn to spread over bottom and sides.
- Slice bananas length-wise into four thin slices; sprinkle with cinnamon; lay banana slices up the sides of the bundt pan (outside and center).
- NOTE: According to Lucia, don't sprinkle cinnamon on the "outside" of the bananas as it turns it dark.
- CAKE: Mix together 3 egg yolks, butter, and sugar; beat til light.
- Stir in milk, flour, & baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into cake batter.
- Bake at 375 until cake is done (toothpick comes out clean).
- NOTE: Lucia said to bake for 20 minutes but it may take longer.
- Let cool in pan; carefully invert onto cake plate/serving platter.
- "Slice the cake and delight in it's taste" - Lucia Ceresini 10-28-98.