An unbelievely delicious cake made by Lucia Ceresini, a friend from Brazil. I cannot begin to describe it other than WOW! Since the recipe was in Lucia's "head"... the recipe below is a combination of Lucia's handwritten recipe and my asking questions for clarification. Believe me, it was worth the effort!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown sugar in large pot until sugar melts.
- 2NOTE: Add just enough water to make a heavy syrup (I had to give an amt!).
- 3Pour syrup into Bundt pan and turn to spread over bottom and sides.
- 4Slice bananas length-wise into four thin slices; sprinkle with cinnamon; lay banana slices up the sides of the bundt pan (outside and center).
- 5NOTE: According to Lucia, don't sprinkle cinnamon on the "outside" of the bananas as it turns it dark.
- 6CAKE: Mix together 3 egg yolks, butter, and sugar; beat til light.
- 7Stir in milk, flour, & baking powder.
- 8In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into cake batter.
- 9Bake at 375 until cake is done (toothpick comes out clean).
- 10NOTE: Lucia said to bake for 20 minutes but it may take longer.
- 11Let cool in pan; carefully invert onto cake plate/serving platter.
- 12"Slice the cake and delight in it's taste" - Lucia Ceresini 10-28-98.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bolo De Banana - Banana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 880.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.8 mg
- Sodium 221.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 195.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 148.4 g
- Protein 9.2 g