- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup sliced apricot
- 2 tablespoons chopped currants
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add rice and onion. Stir until rice is well coated and translucent around edges, about 2 minutes.
- Add water and salt. Stir, cover, reduce heat to low and cook 20 minutes Remove from heat and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff rice.
- Then gently mix in remaining ingredients.