Recipe by Jostlori
This recipe is from mis-recetas.org, a food blog. These portuguese fritters are like little donuts that are light, airy and dusted in cinnamon sugar. They are remarkably like a Mexican churro, only a different shape. Easy to make, too! These are excellent with your afternoon tea or coffee...
- 170 g flour
- 75 g butter
- 250 ml low-fat milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon, zest of
- corn oil
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan place the milk, butter and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then add the flour, stirring constantly.
- Stir over low heat until the mixture comes together and separates from the sides of the pan. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- After it has cooled a bit, add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- In a large pot, heat oil for frying. Drop batter by the tablespoon full in to the hot oil. Make sure to leave room for them to puff up - don't crowd!
- Fry till light golden brown and drain on paper towels. Roll in cinammon sugar and serve.