This recipe is from mis-recetas.org, a food blog. These portuguese fritters are like little donuts that are light, airy and dusted in cinnamon sugar. They are remarkably like a Mexican churro, only a different shape. Easy to make, too! These are excellent with your afternoon tea or coffee...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan place the milk, butter and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then add the flour, stirring constantly.
- 2Stir over low heat until the mixture comes together and separates from the sides of the pan. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- 3After it has cooled a bit, add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- 4In a large pot, heat oil for frying. Drop batter by the tablespoon full in to the hot oil. Make sure to leave room for them to puff up - don't crowd!
- 5Fry till light golden brown and drain on paper towels. Roll in cinammon sugar and serve.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bollos Fritos De Azucar Y Canela (Portuguese Fritters)
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.1
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 229.2 mg
- Sodium 233.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of