Recipe by Nolan'sMom
This is great rub for pork chops! Be prepared for some real spice if you use the full 1/2 TBL of red pepper, I usually cut it back to about 1/2 tsp instead. This originally appeared in a South Beach Diet cookbook and is one of our favorites!
Top Review by Gianni #23
Very nice spice rub. Went to the butcher shop and had him cut me one of those Emeril sized pork chops, and used your rub. I've been off meat since having surgery a month ago, but tasted it and liked it a lot, and my wife inhaled the chop. Might want to consider a nice sauce to accent it; tomatillo, maybe? Great recipe, thanks for posting. Will be on my summer bbq party menu.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon peel
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 6 pork loin chops, 1 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic oil or 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large Ziplock bag combine cumin, cardamom, coriander, red pepper, lemon peel, salt, and pepper.
- Place pork chops in bag one at a time and rub spices evenly over both sides.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and sear the chops on both sides.
- After they brown, put them on a half-sheet pan and finish them in the oven to desired tenderness. For thick chops, plan on 45 min to 1 hour. Cover with foil if tops seem to be getting too done.