Recipe by dicentra
This is a traditional corn pudding, served at Christmastime in Bolivia. Maybe I’ll make it this year as part of our menu. The recipe comes from 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian. The original recipe called for raisins, but I’ve omitted them.
- 1 (17 ounce) can creamed corn
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 drops hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine the corn, eggs, salt, pepper, hot sauce and sugar.
- Beat until well blended.
- Stir in cheese.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 1 ½ quart baking dish.
- Bake 55-60 minutes, until corn pudding feels firm to the touch. Serve hot.