Recipe by dicentra
This is from my 365 ways to cook Vegetarian cookbook. Corn is one of the few veggies my dear other half will eat, so I’m always on the lookout for new ways to fix it.
Top Review by CH-Chef
This is a very satisfying soup. My family loved it. The shredded potatoes together with the corn give a nice texture. The lime gives a wonderful twist to the flavors of the chiles and spices. I will make this one again.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 (17 ounce) can corn
- 1 (17 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 limes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add shredded potatoes, both cans of corn and the chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add diced green chilies (don’t drain), chipotle sauce, garlic, oregano and cumin. Continue cooking, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Shortly before serving time, add the half-and-half and salt. With a sharp knife, cut half a lime in very thin slices and float on top of the soup. Cut remaining lime into quarters and serve on the side.