Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
"Albahaca" is basil. In Bolivia this sauce is not really used on salads, but rather on hot dogs, meat patties, even bread. You could use low-fat yoghurt, but a creamy one such a Greek yoghurt is better. It is quite tart, and it can be adapted to your taste by adding a sweetener such as honey.
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt (use preferably a Greek-style yoghurt)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml basil, fresh, very finely chopped (press it into the measuring cup)
- 29.58 ml spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- Prepare the ingredients, and, starting with the yoghurt, mix in everything and blend well. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 mins before using. Keep any leftovers in the fridge.
- Try it on a hamburger!