Recipe by Zurie
"Albahaca" is basil. In Bolivia this sauce is not really used on salads, but rather on hot dogs, meat patties, even bread. You could use low-fat yoghurt, but a creamy one such a Greek yoghurt is better. It is quite tart, and it can be adapted to your taste by adding a sweetener such as honey.
- 1 cup plain yogurt (use preferably a Greek-style yoghurt)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup basil, fresh, very finely chopped (press it into the measuring cup)
- 2 tablespoons spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt