Recipe by Dienia B.
Mexican style rolls.im putting in the option of cream cheese and jalapenos great stuff
Top Review by Annacia
Wonderful flavor, texture and appearance. I have a new favorite recipe for an all purpose roll. Use these for dinner buns, sandwich's or split them and toast under the broiler for extra good toast. Dienia, thanks for a lovely and simple recipe.
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour (HIGH GLUTEN FLOUR)
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 6 ounces cream cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water, honey, butter, and salt together in a saucepan.
- Let cool to lukewarm; add yeast.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In separate bowl, add flour to the water mixture; mix well.
- Turn out and knead for 10 minutes, adding more flour as necessary.
- Replace in bowl, cover and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down, divide into sixteen pieces and form into logs.
- Place rolls on greased baking sheet.
- at this point add 4 small cubes of cream cheese and a few jalapenos to the inside slash so steam escapes of each roll you do this too.
- Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- While the dough is rising for the second time, mix water and cornstarch together until smooth in a saucepan; bring to boil until thick, let cool.
- Brush rolls with the glaze and lightly score top of rolls with sharp knife.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden.