Recipe by Laura | BakingOutsidetheBox
Tangy and spicy chicken soup that will bring the sunshine indoors.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts or 4 large chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) canof chopped mild green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) canpetite diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 limes, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- For Spicy Chicken:.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Combine remaining Bolero chicken ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high until chicken is done, about 3 hours.
- Shred chicken into sauce.
- For Soup:.
- To the slow cooker add: onion, carrots, chilies, chicken broth, cilantro, roasted tomatoes and lime juice.
- Continue on high for 2 hours. Serves 6.
- Serving suggestion: Ladle into bowls and garnish with a dollop guacamole. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Baker’s Secret: Spicy Chicken can also be used in tacos, salads, quesadillas and burritos.