Recipe by maisypjh
My favorite Caesar salad is served at Outback, and I have tried many recipes trying to replicate their very bold, garlicky taste. This recipe is the result of much experimentation, and is the closest I have come to caesar perfection.
Top Review by Katanashrp
Fantastic recipe. I was really impressed with the flavor and authenticity, and it was so easy to make in the food processor. I actually had to print out the recipe for few people, that's how much everyone loved it. Thank you.
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil egg for 1 minute exactly.
- Remove from water with a slotted spoon and cool until you can handle it.
- Crack directly into food processor, blender, or tall jar (if using a hand blender).
- Add garlic, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pulse to combine.
- With blender or food processor running, begin adding the olive oil a few drops at a time.
- It should take about 3 minutes to add all of the olive oil.
- Begin adding the vegetable oil in a thin stream.
- When all oil is incorporated, continue blending until dressing is at the thickness you prefer.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Serve over romaine lettuce with shredded Parmesan on top.