Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I adapted the Chex Mix classic recipe to contain more nuts and all whole grains (look for "whole grain" as the main ingredient of your cereals). I also use almost double the spices for a bold flavor.
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees. Put butter in roasting pan in oven to melt.
- Mix in Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Mix nuts into butter thoroughly and bake for 15 minutes. (If any of your nuts are pre-salted, reduce the seasoning salt. You may also wish to reduce seasoning salt if you don't like salty foods. If any of your nuts are pre-roasted, reserve until last 15 minutes of baking.)
- Add cereals to nuts and stir well to distribute butter and spices. This first mixing is important to distribute flavors.
- Bake for 1 hour more, stirring 3 times.
- Allow to cool before storing in airtight container.
Very yummy! I used Multi-Bran Chex (a combination Chex of corn, rice and wheat) for the "whole wheat cereal", used soy sauce for the Worcestershire sauce, didn't have onion powder so I used less seasoning salt and added some onion salt instead. My almonds were salted so I left out some extra seasoning salt, too. This is so good! Liked the Cheerios in it too. Thanks for this fantastic recipe! -Lizzy