Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A good recipe to use up left over boiled potatoes. This is made with Massa De Pimentao (Red Paprika Paste) - you can use any paprika paste you like, though.
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled
- 5 tablespoons paprika paste
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Thinly slice boiled potatoes.
- Seed and slice tomatoes.
- Layer potato slices in oven proof casserole dish.
- Thinly spread with paprika paste.
- Combine chopped parsley, garlic and chili with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, add lemon juice.
- Spread half of this mixture over potato layer.
- Layer sliced tomatoes on top of the potatoes, spread with remaining parsley mixture.
- Sprinkle with some additional olive oil and bake at 390 F for about 30 to 40 minutes. Serve warm but not directly from the oven.