Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Kylie Kwong recipe. Simplicity at its best, and this vegetable loving family love this recipe! The key is not to overcook the bok choy.
- 1 bunch bok choy (cores remobed)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- sesame oil (just a dash)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Seperate the bok choy leaves and wash thoroughly.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Stir in vegetable oil, add bok choy and simmer until it is bright green and tender – about 1 minute. Using tongs, immediately remove bok choy from water and place on a serving plate.
- Drizzle with oyster sauce and just a dash of sesame oil.
- Heat peanut oil in a small frying pan until moderately hot and very carefully pour over bok choy.
- Serve immedialtely.
This was the perfect veggie side for Caramelized Black-Pepper Fish. I used 3 baby bok choy for this, and I used Mongolian Fire oil in place of the plain sesame oil. Really quick to make, and tasty -- what's not to love? Thanks for posting! Made for The Hot Pink Panthers for ZWT9 Family Picks
So easy and so good. I will make this often. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Mmmm, better than any Chinese resturant would serve up here in town. Thanks for posting this simple, delicious recipe!