Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
LOVE this recipe!! It's the first way I got my non-bok-choy eating husband to enjoy this FABULOUS veggie. DELISH!!!!
- Fry bacon in a large pan over medium high heat. Remove from pan, crumble and drain grease from pan.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce and bacon in the same pan and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet.
- Add bok choy and stir-fry until crisp-tender. (To save calories, you may omit this step and steam the bok choy.).
- Spoon warm sauce over it when ready to serve.
LOVED this recipe - such a great way to do Bok Choy. I love Bok Choy and always just steamed it - but this gives it extra flavour. Many thanks
To be honest, I made so many changes that it was barely the same recipe. =] I cooked the bok choy in the bacon grease. I used honey (about 1 tablespoon) instead of sugar and no chili sauce (I put in about 1 tbsp of tomato paste for the tomato flavor).. and I added the sauce ingredients right to the pan with the bok choy and stirred for a few more minutes. It was almost too sweet for me still, even using a lot less sweet ingredients than written, but otherwise it was really tasty. I'll keep playing around with the recipe for sure!
I loved this dish. I love Bok Choy anyway, and want my husband and kids to reap the health benefits of this delicious vegetable too. My kids were not very fond of this, but I haven't been able to get them to eat anything tangy yet. My husband said it was ok, which is great considering he usually refuses anything green. Instead of spooning the sauce over the bok choy, I mixed it in so all of the bok choy would be covered, to make sure that the flavor of the sauce was in every bite (so my husband would like it) Great recipe hollyfrolly.