Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was inspired by a recipe on SimplyRecipes.com with changes to make it more in keeping with a Nutritarian eating style. I don't usually plan on left overs for this dish because I like the bok choy cooked fresh so it is tender crisp. You can reduce prep time by using frozen onion and mushrooms and jarred garlic. To chop bok choy: Trim the rough edge off the root ends of the bok choy, then cut across the stem just below the leaf. Slice the white stem portion into 3 or 4 strips, then cut across to dice. Slice the leafy top crosswise and then cut each strip into 1 inch pieces.
- Chop bok choy and set aside. If you haven’t worked with bok choy before, see Anne Sainz’s notes above.
- Coat large covered frying pan with oil.
- Add garlic, onion, mushrooms and vinegar.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, adding small amounts of water if needed to prevent sticking.
- Add bok choy, sesame oil and soy sauce and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until bok choy is tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Gently mix in cashews and serve.