Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on the food network, posting it for our Asian tour. Times are estimated.
Make and share this Bok Choy (Side Dish) recipe from Food.com.
- Place 2 tablespoons of peanut oil and heat until almost smoking.
- Split the piece of ginger open with a knife then whack it with the flat side of the knife.
- Lay the ginger pieces in the oil, cut-side down to let it start to perfume.
- Pan-fry the bok choy, cut-side down, for a couple of minutes to give it some color.
- Add the water and cook another minute to steam the bok choy; carefully remove it to a plate.
- Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, lemon juice, and brown sugar.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes until the sauce is the consistency of syrup.
Delicious. I think baby bok choy is a seriously underrated veggie. I made this as written but added some garlic. This is very quick and easy to make. Thanx for sharing!
What a tasty little side dish. We really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure when to remove the ginger so did so before adding the bok choy. I cut the recipe in half for just the two of us and it worked great. The sauce is to die for. Served with Asian Barbecued Pork Tenderloin and Cellophane Noodles With Garlic, Cucumbers and Cilantro - Ww. Thanks for posting. :)
This was really good and easy to do. A very different way to do Bok Choy. I used 4 Bok Choy for two people and would liked to have more!!! I did not have oyster sauce so I used hoisin instead. Will try with oyster soon. It went well with my salmon burger and steamed savoie cabbage. Hope more people try this.