Recipe by katie in the UP
I found this on the food network, posting it for our Asian tour. Times are estimated.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger
- 2 heads baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2 tablespoons of peanut oil and heat until almost smoking.
- Split the piece of ginger open with a knife then whack it with the flat side of the knife.
- Lay the ginger pieces in the oil, cut-side down to let it start to perfume.
- Pan-fry the bok choy, cut-side down, for a couple of minutes to give it some color.
- Add the water and cook another minute to steam the bok choy; carefully remove it to a plate.
- Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, lemon juice, and brown sugar.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes until the sauce is the consistency of syrup.