Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Got my local box from Greenling and decided to try my hand at bok choy
- 2 cups bok choy, sliced at 1/2-inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely sliced
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup dried lentils
- salt and pepper
- Warm olive oil in a large wok or frying pan.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute until they begin changing color.
- Stir in sugar and add bok choy. Stir to coat.
- Saute until slightly wilted.
- Add tomato paste, soy sauce, green onion, bullion and spices and stir well.
- Add 1 cup of water and orzo and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes, adding water as needed to prevent burning.
- Stir in lentils and cook for another 10 minutes again adding water as needed to prevent burning. I continue to cook until all water is evaporated and the orzo is to the desired tenderness.