Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got my local box from Greenling and decided to try my hand at bok choy
Make and share this Bok Choy Saute recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups bok choy, sliced at 1/2-inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely sliced
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup dried lentils
- salt and pepper
- Warm olive oil in a large wok or frying pan.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute until they begin changing color.
- Stir in sugar and add bok choy. Stir to coat.
- Saute until slightly wilted.
- Add tomato paste, soy sauce, green onion, bullion and spices and stir well.
- Add 1 cup of water and orzo and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes, adding water as needed to prevent burning.
- Stir in lentils and cook for another 10 minutes again adding water as needed to prevent burning. I continue to cook until all water is evaporated and the orzo is to the desired tenderness.