CP Camper's Note:
Got my local box from Greenling and decided to try my hand at bok choy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups bok choy, sliced at 1/2-inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely sliced
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- salt and pepper
- 1Warm olive oil in a large wok or frying pan.
- 2Add garlic and ginger and saute until they begin changing color.
- 3Stir in sugar and add bok choy. Stir to coat.
- 4Saute until slightly wilted.
- 5Add tomato paste, soy sauce, green onion, bullion and spices and stir well.
- 6Add 1 cup of water and orzo and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes, adding water as needed to prevent burning.
- 7Stir in lentils and cook for another 10 minutes again adding water as needed to prevent burning. I continue to cook until all water is evaporated and the orzo is to the desired tenderness.
Browse Our Top Bok Choys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bok Choy Saute
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.3
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 83.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g