Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for ZWT7-The South Pacific Isands. An easy Hawaiian salad I found on alleasyrecipes.com.
Make and share this Bok Choy Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups chopped fresh bok choy
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, cleaned and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced bamboo shoot
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple or 1⁄2 cup diced canned pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- Put bok choy, celery, green pepper, bamboo shoots, and pineapple in a salad bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over salad; toss.
- Serve at once.
I never thought of bok choy as a "green" for a salad but I loved this! I added a little red pepper also. Nice salad! Made for football pool, playoffs week 2012.
I loved the combination of flavors in this. Reading the other reviews, I saw mention of bean shoots, but didn't see that in the ingredients. I think maybe they meant bean sprouts? I think that would have added a wonderful flavor to this salad, but I stuck with what was listed in the recipe. The bamboo shoots didn't add much flavor, but did add more crunch. The pineapple added some nice sweetness. I enjoyed making this for Football Tag! Thanks for sharing.
This was a refreshing way to have salad. I like the taste of bok choy in this one, and pineapple does go well with the vegetables. I couldn't find bean shoots, so I left it out, but it was an otherwise great salad!