This recipe has won more praise than any other dish. I think it is because it is so different than the standard salad fair. It is definitely the sugar/candy ramen noodles and the dressing that makes this dish very unique. So do not mix the salad and ramen noodles with the dressing until ready to eat!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (uncooked, broken up, & do not use seasoning packs)
- 1 (3 ounce) package sliced almonds
- 1 (2 lb) bok choy
- 4 stalks green onions with tops
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In large pan melt butter and add sesame seeds, sugar, broken ramen noodles, almonds.
- Brown and set aside to cool. After cooled, break up and set aside in small bowl.
- Wash and chop bok choy (smaller is better) and green onions in large salad bowl.
- Mix vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce.
- Just prior to serving the salad, (plan for this salad to be the last thing you pull together for the event), mix bok choy and ramen noodles mixture. Drizzle dressing over salad or pass dressing around in small bowl.
Brought this to a 4th of July cookout and brought home and empty dish. Pretty much made as directed. Got lots of compliments and several requests for the recipe. Thanks!
Great salad with the "bourbon chicken".
I followed the idea and yum! DD (5 years old) didn't like it though. I used organic butter, organic coconut sugar, tahini added at the end of browsing the extra sliced almonds, no ramen noodles, organic bok choy from our local organic fresh produce basket this week, green tops from organic shallots, agood quality organic olive oil, organic apple cider vinegar in a lesser amount for religious reasons, & grey sea salt instead of soy sauce.