Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has won more praise than any other dish. I think it is because it is so different than the standard salad fair. It is definitely the sugar/candy ramen noodles and the dressing that makes this dish very unique. So do not mix the salad and ramen noodles with the dressing until ready to eat!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (uncooked, broken up, & do not use seasoning packs)
- 1 (3 ounce) package sliced almonds
- 1 (2 lb) bok choy
- 4 stalks green onions with tops
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In large pan melt butter and add sesame seeds, sugar, broken ramen noodles, almonds.
- Brown and set aside to cool. After cooled, break up and set aside in small bowl.
- Wash and chop bok choy (smaller is better) and green onions in large salad bowl.
- Mix vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce.
- Just prior to serving the salad, (plan for this salad to be the last thing you pull together for the event), mix bok choy and ramen noodles mixture. Drizzle dressing over salad or pass dressing around in small bowl.
Brought this to a 4th of July cookout and brought home and empty dish. Pretty much made as directed. Got lots of compliments and several requests for the recipe. Thanks!
Wow,wow,wow!!! This is the most unique side salad I have ever had. Pairs perfectly with BBQ !
This is addictive! I had some, then had some more, then had some more! Have to admit, I planned on this being just the salad, but it was so wonderful I decided to make the main dish tomorrow. Literally had to force myself to leave enough to photograph tomorrow when I have daylight. So if the photo shows a very small amount, then you know I had to go back and get just one more bite!