Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A little different way of preparing bok choy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped bok choy, cut into approx 1 1/2 " pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 cup chili sauce
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil on med-high heat. Add bok choy and onion and stir-fry until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine suagr , vinegar, Worcestershire, chili sauce and cooked crumbled bacon. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss together the bok choy mixture w/ the simmered sauce and serve.
Awesome recipe. I sauteed the onion & baby bok choy stalks in butter. When almost done I added the baby bok choy leaves and sauteed for 2 mins. I used BALSAMIC vinegar. After I cooked the bacon I left a little bacon grease in the pan and added the balsamic vinegar & sugar. Did not have worcestershire sauce. Substituted soy sauce. Served over rice. Everyone loved it!
I loved this side dish. It's delicious. The only change I made was to use ketchup + chili seasoning instead of chili sauce. Thanks Parsley :) Made for Market tag.