Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipie is from About.Com. It's my favorite way to eat bok choy.
Make and share this Bok Choy Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Steam the bok choy until wilted. After it cools, drain it and finely chop it. Make sure there is no excess liquid. Place bok choy in a medium sized bowl.
- Puree tofu and egg whites in a food processor. Add this mixture to the bok choy.
- Add scallions to bok choy mixture.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the wonton wrappers, in a small bowl. Add this to the bok choy mixture and mix well.
- To form the dumplings: Put about 2 teaspoons of the bok choy mixture into the center of a wonton wrapper. Pull sides of dough up and pinch them together at three or four points, leaving the middle of the filling exposed at the top.
- Steam the dumpling over boiling water for about 4 minutes or until they look cooked through.
- When eating, you can dip these in a little soy sauce or other asian sauces.
I'm not a dumpling fan, but I liked these. My boyfriend really liked them. Instead of leaving them open, I completely closed them up. They stuck to the steamer basket, so that was tricky. Also, these are better with a more interesting sauce than just soy sauce.
These were very yummy. Everyone in the family loved them.