Recipe by PanNan
Another recipe from the Everyday Food magazine (I modified for quantity). We tried this one tonight, and loved it. Another bonus was that it was very easy to prepare.
- 3 heads baby bok choy
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt (divided)
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- freshly grated pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bok choy in half lengthwise.
- Cut stem off as well as any bruised leafy tops.
- Rinse each half thouroughly to remove any grit.
- Slice each half crosswise into thin strips.
- Place all in a colander.
- Rinse lightly and shake until most of water has drained.
- Coat top with 1/2 tsp salt, and cover with a plate that fits inside the colander.
- Place a canned good on top of the plate to weigh it down.
- Meanwhile place apple and carrot matchstick pieces in a medium bowl.
- Add lemon juice, canola oil, and ginger.
- Add bokchoy to the bowl with the apple and carrot.
- Add 1/2 tsp coarse salt and some freshly grated pepper to taste.
- Stir and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.