Another recipe from the Everyday Food magazine (I modified for quantity). We tried this one tonight, and loved it. Another bonus was that it was very easy to prepare.
- Cut bok choy in half lengthwise.
- Cut stem off as well as any bruised leafy tops.
- Rinse each half thouroughly to remove any grit.
- Slice each half crosswise into thin strips.
- Place all in a colander.
- Rinse lightly and shake until most of water has drained.
- Coat top with 1/2 tsp salt, and cover with a plate that fits inside the colander.
- Place a canned good on top of the plate to weigh it down.
- Meanwhile place apple and carrot matchstick pieces in a medium bowl.
- Add lemon juice, canola oil, and ginger.
- Add bokchoy to the bowl with the apple and carrot.
- Add 1/2 tsp coarse salt and some freshly grated pepper to taste.
- Stir and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.