1/3 Photos of Bok Choy, Carrot and Apple Slaw
Another recipe from the Everyday Food magazine (I modified for quantity). We tried this one tonight, and loved it. Another bonus was that it was very easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bok choy in half lengthwise.
- 2Cut stem off as well as any bruised leafy tops.
- 3Rinse each half thouroughly to remove any grit.
- 4Slice each half crosswise into thin strips.
- 5Place all in a colander.
- 6Rinse lightly and shake until most of water has drained.
- 7Coat top with 1/2 tsp salt, and cover with a plate that fits inside the colander.
- 8Place a canned good on top of the plate to weigh it down.
- 9Meanwhile place apple and carrot matchstick pieces in a medium bowl.
- 10Add lemon juice, canola oil, and ginger.
- 11Add bokchoy to the bowl with the apple and carrot.
- 12Add 1/2 tsp coarse salt and some freshly grated pepper to taste.
- 13Stir and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Bok Choys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bok Choys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bok Choy, Carrot and Apple Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.8
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 815.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 0.9 g