Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple,easy and steamed. You may substitute any ground meat.If you can't eat ground meat, substitute ground turkey or chicken. Based on reviewer comments I have added some spices and revised amount in wonton wrapper. Rice vinegar and soy sauce is an excellent dipping sauce as suggested by the reviewer, my thanks.
- In large mixing bowl mix all ten ingredients. Mix with hands. Mix well.
- Take a custard cup or similar dish and place a wonton wrapper in it.
- Fill a heaping teaspoon of mixture in wrapper. (If you are filling an egg roll wrapper then it is 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup.
- Bring the sides together at the top.
- Wet the edges with water and press together
- like a hobo bag. Place on a tray.
- Fill all wonton wrappers and place on tray.
- Fill a stockpot with water and place a steamer basket on it. You may use a woven steamer basket also. When the water is steaming, place a layer of filled wontons.
- in the basket and cover. Turn heat on low and steam 15 to 20 minutes. Take out of steamer and place in a warmed serving bowl. Heat the bowl in the oven on warm. Place another layer of wontons in the steamer basket and steam the same amount of time.
- You may have to add water to the stockpot and heat to simmer again. Serve with rice and sweet and sour sauce or any dipping sauce you prefer.
- Note: If you really want some "heat" add finely crushed dried red peppers to the meat mixture but be careful on the amount added.