Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great addition to any dinner.
- 1 lb fresh bok choy
- 2 teaspoons butter (divided)
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons fine, dry breadcrumbs
- Boil bok choy for 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bok choy in ungreased square oven dish.
- In 1 quart saucepan, melt 1 Tbsp butter over low heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, and nutmeg.
- Cook, stirring, until smooth.
- Quickly add cream and cheese,heat to boiling, stirring.
- Boil and stir 1 minutes.
- Pour over bok choy.
- Mix breadcrumbs and 1 T melted butter.
- Sprinkle over bok choy and broil 6 inches from heat for about 5 minutes.
I didn't add the bread crumbs and it was still delicious.
I served this with Inez's Yogurt Sesame Chicken, I added some finley diced boiled Kolrabi to make it go a little further as I did not have enough Bok Choy, it is really tasty...
The addition of nutmeg gave the dish a strange flavor. Otherwise, this is a delicious dish. I will try it again with different seasonings!