Recipe by ketchupqueen
So yummy. So easy. So fast. Healthy, too! One of my mom's easy dinners. Bok choy is a leafy vegetable that tastes kind of like a cross between lettuce and cabbage, but also with a flavor of its own.
Top Review by duncan9801
We got a bunch of Bok Choy with our CSA share and I had no idea what to do with it. Needed something simple and quick, and this fit the bill. Even the kids liked it. I did need to add more garlic though, but overall was a hit. :)
- 1 large bok choy
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 -8 cloves garlic, minced (depending on size and your taste)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I prefer Kikkoman)
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil (just enough to coat the bottom of the pan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash bok choy very well.
- Slice across the leaf at about 1/2 inch intervals.
- Discard the bottom when you get to the part with no green on it.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Chop chicken breasts into 1/2 to 1 inch chunks.
- Heat oil in a wok or large, high-sided frying pan with a lid over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add garlic.
- Saute for a few seconds, then add chicken.
- Saute until slightly browned all over (no pink showing on the outside).
- Add bok choy and stir-fry for about half a minute, until just wilted.
- Add soy sauce and sherry.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done; about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over steamed white rice with soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.