Prep 2 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a DELICIOUS recipe for Bok Choy to be used as a vegetable side dish. It is VERY LOW IN CARBS & SUGARS, PERFECT FOR DIABETICS!
- 4 leaves bok choy (with stems)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Tear the Bok Choy leaves apart. Cut the leaves from the stems. Cut the stems into thin strips.
- Drop the cut stems into a pot of a quart of boiling salted water. Reduce heat to a simmer, and simmer until the stems are tender.
- Drain the water.
- Add the leaves and the rest of the ingredients and stir-fry until the leaves are wilted, and then serve.
We loved this...hubby wanted more so next time I will double the recipe...I used both fresh ginger and garlic...now I want to try using half sesame oil and half hot oil...because we enjoy spicy food...this is a keeper...thanks for posting it...=)
Great recipe! I made this using two minced garlic cloves instead of garlic powder. The flavor was great with the slight sweetness of the bok choy. Thanx for sharing!
REally enjoyed this recipe, made as directed using low sodium soy sauce. So easy and the taste is fresh and nice blend of spices. Served as a side to recipe#456215 and it was great. I know I'll be using this often.