Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This one I found online. Can't remember who to give proper credit to but it is wonderful!!! This is great for leftover chicken!!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked & shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, chicken, sesame seeds, parsley and onion.
- Mix well.
- Open package of crescent rolls.
- DO NOT divide them into triangles as you usually would!
- Keep every 2 triangles together, forming 4 squares.
- Pinch the'seam' in the middle of each square closed and pat each one out into a larger square.
- Put a spoonful of the chicken mixture in the center of each square.
- Fold the corners up into the center, layering like flower petals so that the roll is kind of sealed.
- Repeat with all 4 squares.
- Place popovers on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven until golden brown.
I was going to post this-- I have been making the same recipe for a few years now. I usually substitute a large can of cooked chicken to make this a quick and easy lunch. I also leave out the seasame seeds. Enjoy!