Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from Hershey's cookbook - "Perfectly Chocolate" Cake. Made these caramel filled for my birthday, but the caramel filling didn't come out right so I didn't include that part in my recipe. The cupcakes themselves are awesome.
- Heat oven to 350. Line muffin tins, or spray with Pam.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water. Batter will be thin, but it's ok.
- Fill cupcakes no more than 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 22-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Alternates: Grease and flour pans. 9x13 pan, 35-40 minutes. 12-cup Bundt cake, 50-55 minutes. 2-9" round, 30-35 minutes.