Recipe by Lorac
Great with beer or ice cold white wine. The spicy butter sauce is perfect with the seasoned shrimp. Recipe from "Food and Wine Cookbook".
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 5 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 bay leaves, crumbled
- 2 lbs raw shrimp in shells
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, combine water, vinegar, lemon, garlic, Old Bay,peppercorns, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp cayenne and bay leaves.
- Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cover, return to a boil, cook 1-2 minutes and drain.
- Melt butter in a smallpan, remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Serve shrimp with the butter sauce for dipping.