Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great with beer or ice cold white wine. The spicy butter sauce is perfect with the seasoned shrimp. Recipe from "Food and Wine Cookbook".
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 5 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 bay leaves, crumbled
- 2 lbs raw shrimp in shells
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large pot, combine water, vinegar, lemon, garlic, Old Bay,peppercorns, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp cayenne and bay leaves.
- Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cover, return to a boil, cook 1-2 minutes and drain.
- Melt butter in a smallpan, remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Serve shrimp with the butter sauce for dipping.
I used Chipotle Garlic Butter in place of the butter called for in this recipe. Adding the Worcestershire and lemon juice. Thanks for the Spicy Goodness.
Loved the sauce, had alot leftover so used it the next night to dip a boiled artichoke in, yummmmy!!!!! Would have been perfect but I may have boiled the shrimp a bit too long, a little tough to peel but very very tasty!!!
This is a fantastic recipe. I made it for our Menu #334! The cayenne-spiced sauce was positively addictive! Thanks for posting this recipe!!