Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is a nice, basic recipe that is great for new cooks as well as seasoned cooks. I like my boiled shrimp cold so I always make them early in the day.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar capers, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 9 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 lbs fresh shrimp, unpeeled, medium-size
- Combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in container of an electric blender or food processor; process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Cover tartar sauce and chill 2 hours.
- Combine 9 cups water and seasoning in a Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain well.
- Peel shrimp and devein, if desired.
- Serve immediately with caper tartar sauce or chill until serving time.