Recipe by Marsha D.
This recipe is simple to make. I have made shrimp this way for years. It's kinda like having a shrimp cocktail. Shrimp is best when chilled. Great for parties, with meals as a appetizer or just alone. NOTE: Use seasonings to your taste. I usually add 1 packet of Splenda (or of choice) to the cocktail sauce instead of regular sugar.
Top Review by dirndlfrau
This was a great way to cook shrimp because the shrimp goes into the cold water and gets more time to gain flavor as it comes up to a boil. I used 3 cups water, 1 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp chicken buillion, 1 /2 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp Mrs. Dash lemon pepper blend. It was good warm, but the flavor improved with chilling. I didn't make the cocktail sauce.
- 1 lb raw shrimp (frozen or fresh)
- 24 fluid ounces Budweiser beer, your choice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning (optional)
- seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar, to your taste
Directions See How It's Made
- For cocktail sauce, combine ketchup, horseradish and sugar in a small bowl. Chill until needed.
- In a large sauce pot add shrimp,beer, chicken bouillon cube,sea salt,old bay seasoning,lemon pepper, black pepper and Greek seasoning.
- Stir to combine flavors.
- Bring to a boil and boil only until shrimp turns light pink about 5 minutes.
- Drain and add ice to chill shrimp.