1/2 Photos of Boiled Shrimp in Beer With Cocktail Sauce
Marsha D.'s Note:
This recipe is simple to make. I have made shrimp this way for years. It's kinda like having a shrimp cocktail. Shrimp is best when chilled. Great for parties, with meals as a appetizer or just alone. NOTE: Use seasonings to your taste. I usually add 1 packet of Splenda (or of choice) to the cocktail sauce instead of regular sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb raw shrimp (frozen or fresh)
- 24 fluid ounces Budweiser beer, your choice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning (optional)
- seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar, to your taste
- 1For cocktail sauce, combine ketchup, horseradish and sugar in a small bowl. Chill until needed.
- 2In a large sauce pot add shrimp,beer, chicken bouillon cube,sea salt,old bay seasoning,lemon pepper, black pepper and Greek seasoning.
- 3Stir to combine flavors.
- 4Bring to a boil and boil only until shrimp turns light pink about 5 minutes.
- 5Drain and add ice to chill shrimp.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boiled Shrimp in Beer With Cocktail Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.2
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 143.3 mg
- Sodium 2139.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning