Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a recipe I adopted from Zaar. And it is wonderful!!!
- 3 cups fish stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, unpeeled
- Bring stock and seasonings to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to high, add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes.
- Immediately drain shrimp amd refrigerate.
- When cool peel and chill well.
MeanChef has a way of submitting recipes that seem so simple but always result in "the best" of whatever the recipe is about. We love boiled/steamed shrimp and I thought I had a great recipe until I tryed this. Fabulous flavor and the shrimp turns out beautifully tender.
This made for very easy and tasty boiled shrimp. I didn't have fish stock either so I just used water and it was still great! I followed the recipe otherwise. The shrimp tasted great dipping them in melted butter or red seafood/cocktail sauce. I normally try to add things to or take away from recipes to make them my own or to our liking but not this one. It's great just the way it is. And I really like that it uses all spices that I already have. Oh! And, I had a couple of cooked king crab legs that I needed to reheat and I threw them in this broth after cooking the shrimp and I might never heat crab legs in the oven again!Thanks!
This was very tasty. It added just a perfect touch to yummy boiled shrimp.